Monday, May 15, 2006

Sockapal-oooh-za!

Well, I thought I'd have a picture of finished socks today . . . and I do! They're just not the ones I knitted (which are still on the toe of the second sock).


These gorgeous socks arrived on Saturday, direct from my Sockapaloooza sockpal, Becca, in London, ON. Becca, I have to tell you, your timing was perfect for the arrival of these socks. On Saturday, we were entering day 5 of the Monsoon of 2006 here in Boston, and for once I was praising the cold, wet weather because it meant that I could wear the socks right away! They fit me perfectly, and my feet were snuggly and warm even if the rest of me was sort of dampish and crabby. Who would have thought that mid-May would be the ideal time to put on a pair of wool socks? But so it was (and still is!), and I happily wore the socks all day long.

The pattern is Brainylady's Basic Cabled Sock pattern (available here)--Brainylady is also from London, ON, so these socks have a real Canadian pedigree! I hope the cable detail on the side shows up well enough in the photo--it's a really classy way to jazz up the socks without being over-the-top. Exactly what I was hoping for--well done, Becca, and thank you so much!

Many thanks, too, to Alison for organizing the swap--the weekly updates were so much fun to read. This was the first swap I've participated in, and it was so much fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Norah!

It's your sockpal Becca here! I'm so glad to hear the socks made it and that they fit! I hope you get lots of wear out of them. I was so excited to see them on a blog (since I don't have one), I'm going to get all my knitting friends to go to your site and see them! :) I really enjoyed the knitting swap experience (my first one, too!) and I'm looking forward to receiving my own socks! Wear yours in good health!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, these socks are beautiful, great work that your sockpal did! Have fun wearing them!

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home