Friday, May 12, 2006

In a Rut?

Without even realizing it, I've been restricting my recent yarn purchases to basically two colors: green and brown. Right now I've got (some of) my yarn on display in two baskets in my office/all purpose room. One basket is all different shades of green, the other is all different shades of brown and rust red. So when these yarns arrived yesterday from Greenwood Fiberworks, it wasn't so hard to figure out where to put them:



The colorway on the left is called New Leaves, and the other is Sequoia. Both are a cotton-lycra blend, which will be perfect for making socks for people who might be sensitive to animal fibers next to their skin. I'm intrigued to see what it will be like to knit with the lycra blend--I've never knit with something so stretchy before!

By the way, I can't say enough nice things about this company. The ordering process was easy, and the yarn arrived so fast I couldn't believe it when I saw it in my mailbox yesterday. And, of course, the yarn colors are beautiful. I can't wait to knit with it . . . but right now all my knitting time is taken up with camo sock #2. With luck, I'll have pics of the finished pair on Monday--the rainy weather this weekend should make for prime knitting conditions!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

I custom ordered those two colors from GFW and am so happy you got some of those too :) We can have to pairs of matching socks :) Aren't they fab?!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home