Friday, April 28, 2006

This Blog Post is Brought to You By . . .


So, yeah, there's a reason I haven't been posting so much in the past couple of days. Apparently Boston is the third most "challenging" place to deal with seasonal allergies this year (what "challenging" means, I have no idea--all I can tell is that every single plant in the area is blooming at the moment and shooting its pollen in my general direction). The upshot? When my eyes started watering and my nose started running and I started sneezing uncontrollably on Wednesday, I took two of those happy little pink capsules, put down my knitting (those label warnings about heavy machinery also apply to pointy sticks) and went to bed at 9 p.m. Needless to say, I wasn't about to blog while under the influence--who knows what crazy ramblings I'd come out with in my drug-influenced state?

Things are under control now, fortunately, and I've got those nasty histamines subdued with a daily dose of the non-coma-inducing Claritin. And I've got some serious knitting to do, apparently! Shireen, who's just finished her lovely Tivoli, has posted about it on her new blog, and is urging me to hurry up already with the Picovoli. All right, all right . . . I've got five (non-knitting) deadlines today, but after that, it's all Picovoli all weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Oh I am so with you on the allergies. I am hating life right now because I forgot my claritin last night..... I hate spring

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home