Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Rainbows!

Look, there are rainbows in Boston! OK, not really--it's still raining and there's not much relief in sight (don't believe me? check with the experts:


But, thanks to my awesome sister, we can have rainbows even when the sun's not peeking through:



Tons of Koolaid colors, all the way from Minnesota, ready for dyeing. Here's hoping my dyeable yarn arrives by the weekend--I'm thinking a little hand-dyeing experimentation might be just the way for P. and me to add some color to what promises to be a soggy and dreary Mother's Day weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Great photo - thanks.

Are you going to be at Knitsmiths Sunday? I'm bringing my friend Katja (who is moving to Boston), although we probably won't get there until 5. It'd be great to see you again before heading out to Cali.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Thea said...

the camo socks turned out sweet - I like the pooling a lot - and awesome Kool Aid Rainbow! I get mine from the Foodmaster (which tends to specialize in junk food and has a good selection) but I imagine the Minnesota array looks like it has EVEN MORE. Is that possible??

2:47 PM  
Blogger Renata said...

Being the awesome sister I am I thought I would let you know that those packs that have the question marks on them, even though they are blue on the outside probably are a red or something. My roommates at school donated their Kool Aid they did not want--that's why there are some colors that have 4 of them. Let me know how the dyeing goes! I am looking forward to seeing the results. And, if it does workout well, they sell the colors (some at least) in huge canisters! :)

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home