Monday, May 01, 2006

A Different Kind of Casting

Safely recovered from my allergy woes, I headed to Pennsylvania for a short weekend trip. While there I didn't do much knitting but I did do plenty of a different kind of casting--of a fishing line, that is!

I was, however, able to knit most of the way down and back, and the result is this:




Told ya I was past the hump. Actually, this Picovoli pattern is starting to grow on me. Once I got past the armholes, I started to get really excited--it actually looks like a real sweater, instead of just random increases with a hole in the middle, which is how I thought it looked initially. Right now it looks really tiny to me, but I was a good knitter and actually swatched (and washed and blocked and measured) for this one, so I remain optimistic that this will actually fit me!

In other news, I joined the Amazing Lace knitalong. My teammate will be this shawl (Ethereal Fichu from HeartStrings), which I started some time ago but is now languishing, unloved, in the bottom of the basket. The knitalong runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and it has a really neat contest, so if you've been eager to start a lace project (or if you have one that's stalled out, like I do), this is your big chance!



3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Wow - what a beautiful fichu. (But what exactly is a fichu?) Can't wait to see the lace everyone is making!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

gosh, you make me want to knit some lace.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love knitting lace. I think it is challenging and fun. And the results are so beautiful. That is a gorgeous pattern!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home