Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Know You Can't See This Sock, But . . .

When I was younger, our family had a running joke. We'd see someone decked out in camouflage at, say, the supermarket (this was the '80's, remember). One of us would say, "Hey, do you see that guy?" and the other one would pretend not to be able to see said individual because, well, they were wearing camouflage and therefore blended into their surroundings.

Well, I'm now working on a sock in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, colorway "camouflage." Just to help you along, I put the sock on an off-white rug before photographing it.


Check out that crazy pooling action--at first it was really bugging me, but it's starting to grow on me, since it actually does resemble the color changes on real camouflage.

3 Comments:

Blogger shireen said...

ok, now i think you're just copying me. :)

http://www.knitsmiths.us/cat_shireen.html#001468

I didn't have the pooling problem but i did have a serious difference between the two socks!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

I like the pooling. And on the camo joke, I bet if I did it to my husband, he'd do it back to me for the rest of my life. That's his kinda laugh. but I guess we don't see a lot of camo in downtown Boston these days....

10:15 AM  
Blogger Renata said...

I couldn't even see the sock! I said to myself...do you even see the sock? :)
Actually, in all reality, it's a neat looking sock thus far.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home