Thursday, May 18, 2006

Finished Socks, Darkly

OK, sorry in advance about the bad picture. I had a crazy time trying to find a location to photograph the camo socks that didn't result in a) inaccurate representation of the colors or b) obscuring of the pattern. So I settled, apparently, on c) all of the above. I messed around with my photo software, and I'm not sure if it made the picture any better. But, for better or for worse, here they are.


Pattern: Alison's TechGuy socks, available here.

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, colorway camouflage (purchased on my trip to the Pacific Northwest)

Started: 4/23/06

Finished: 5/15/06

Comments: This was my second completed pair of socks, and my first pair with a short-row heel and toe. I'm definitely a big fan. These look less homemade to me (in a good way) and the toe, especially, seems to be way more comfortable than the simple decreases I did on my Sockapaloooza socks. Note that the two skeins (one for each sock, with quite a bit left over) are the same dyelot, and they are indeed the same colors, but the pooling is dramatically different. Shireen noted that they're definitely fraternal, rather than identical, twins.

In other news, I'll have lots more (and, I promise, better) photos later this week and early next. The mail has finally been bringing some of the other knitting-related goodies I've been ordering lately. The Ribby Cardi is also, for all intents and purposes, finished, and I'm headed out this afternoon to buy my zipper (which I will be paying someone else to attach--I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid. I like this sweater way too much to mess it up with my questionable sewing abilities).

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Very nice Socks!

9:14 AM  
Blogger shireen said...

and, ahem, where oh where has the tivoli disappeared to?!

:)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love souvenir yarn. It's somehow appropriate that it's raining so much when you knit your Pacific NW yarn, right?

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home