Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Have I mentioned I dislike seaming?

A lot? I love knitting, but I absolutely dread this:



What you see here is (on the left) Ribby Cardi, which has been done for a while, blocked for a week, and is now . . . just . . . sitting. Chances are I won't be touching this for a while because of Sockapaloooza and because of the oh-so-scary pile on the right.

Those are the parts (limbs, bodies, etc.) of 2.5 dinosaurs. They need to be finished by Sunday morning at the latest. Ack! For some reason, sewing these things together scares the bejeezus out of me. Maybe it's that I'm not very good at sewing, maybe it's because when I've done projects like this before, they're usually felted, which tends to forgive my less-than-stellar sewing skills. Whatever. I need to buckle down and get these things sewn up. Wish me luck!

Oh, my Woolapalooza photos are evidently gone forever. Apparently technology is only as strong as its weakest link--in this case, its user.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I know! How did Sockapaloooza get so close!?!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi - I'm wondering about the dinosaurs... my son has convinced me (after I showed him the picture in the first place) to make several stegosauri (from Grumperina's blog). What dinosaurs are you making? Any recommendations now that the knitting is done? As far as the sewing up, use a blunt needle so you don't hurt yourself when you get fed up.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home