Thursday, June 08, 2006

Finally, an FO

I know it seems like I haven't finished anything lately, not to mention I've been giving few progress reports (which begs the question: what exactly have I been blogging about lately?) Just before leaving on vacation, though, I was able to pause for a photo of my finished Picovoli:


Pattern: Picovoli by Grumperina

Yarn: Cascade Pima Tencel, color 1693

Started: 4/23/06

Finished: 6/1/06

Comments: I loved knitting this sweater! After my problems finishing the Ribby Cardi, I needed a project that involved little finishing, and this was the perfect antidote, since it's knit totally in the round. I made only a couple changes to the pattern, namely adding 1-2" in length to both the middle part of the torso and to the bottom. I also did one fewer increase for the hips than what the pattern called for, since I didn't want it to flare out any more than it does. Being able to try the sweater on as I went made a huge difference to the overall fit. And, as far as finishing, I actually really enjoyed the picot edging, believe it or not.

I substituted yarn, which, at less than $5/ball, made this the most economical sweater I've knitted. After wearing the sweater for a full day (including a 3-hour plane flight and a 2-hour car ride), I'm a little concerned that it will grow. I did wash my swatch and block it prior to knitting, and the sweater didn't grow noticeably when I blocked the sweater as a whole, but it definitely wasn't as form-fitting in the evening as it was in the morning. And let's just say I don't think I lost weight during the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

I need to knit one of those now that yours and Shireen's came out so fabulous!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looks great! And have a good vacation.

Do give a report later on whether or not it does grow - inquiring minds and all . . .

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home