Friday, March 03, 2006

Ta da!

Since I'm eager to have this project behind me and move on to post-Olympic knitting . . . here's a photo. I'm begging you, please look at the sweater and not at my hair (and yes, I am as tired as I look--it was a long 16 days).


Pattern: Natasha Cabled & Ribbed Pullover, Adrienne Vittadini Fall 2003 pattern booklet

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, color 25007

Started: 2/10/2006

Finished: 2/26/2006

Note that although the DB yarn had the same gauge and yardage as the AV Natasha yarn the pattern called for, I had to order 4(!) additional balls to finish the project. Oh, the size pictured is the small (40") size. I also sewed up the neck slit about 2 inches so that the sweater didn't need to carry a PG-13 rating (see where the top of the cables end? That's where the slit is supposed to go to . . . you get the picture).

I enjoyed the project, and it was certainly a thorough introduction to cabling. The pattern design is elegant and the pattern itself is clearly written--I will definitely be trying some of the other designs from the pattern booklet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Renata said...

The sweater looks great...and so does your hair! :) See you in a week or so!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looks great on you - I agree about sewing up the neck line. Seriously indecent, otherwise!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings! I saw this sweater on you at Knitsmiths yesterday, and I thought it looked fabulous and even more fabulous on you. Congratulations!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home