Thursday, January 26, 2006

. . . And Knitting Too!

Although they only give gold medals in the field of athletics, I encourage everyone to look into themselves and find their own personal dream, whatever that may be--sports, medicine, whatever. The same principles apply.” -- John Naber, 4 time Olympic gold medalist in swimming
Sports, medicine, knitting, whatever.
Here, I hope, is my own personal dream, the project I'll be making for the Knitting Olympics. Theresa came to Knitsmiths on Sunday wearing her absolutely gorgeous version of this sweater, and I knew I had to make it. Now, with the Yarn Harlot's challenge, I have the perfect motivation to tackle it.
I have the yarn already (I think), although I'll need to reevaluate once the pattern gets here. I just ordered it yesterday, so here's hoping it gets here in time for me to swatch and master the cable pattern before the Opening Ceremonies on February 10. Methinks the Ribby Cardi may be on hold for, oh, sixteen days or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home