Sunday, February 05, 2006

We Pause for a Public Service Announcement

I don't have my camera today, so I figured I'd put in a quick plug for a project I've gotten involved with. It's called LibriVox. LibriVox is a collaborative project intended to make digital audio versions of public domain literary works available for free! They're brand new, so their catalog isn't too big yet, but they have a lot of projects in the works (a full book takes a few months to record).

If (like me), you've always wanted to be an audiobook reader, this is your chance. All LibriVox books are read by volunteers. All you need is a microphone, a computer, and some (free) sound recording software. So far, I've submitted an entry to LibriVox's Weekly Poetry program, and I've signed up to record several chapters of Anne of Avonlea. If that goes well, I want to try to do a whole book as a solo project. Anyway, I think this is a great undertaking, and I'm trying to let lots of other people know about it as well. I'll keep a link to the LibriVox site in my sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home