Thursday, February 01, 2007

Time Out

Apologies for the lack of knitting-related material this week. I promise knitting info (and photos!) will return tomorrow.

In the meantime, though, I wanted to let you all know that I was selected to be a Correspondent on Gather.com. For those of you who aren't familiar with Gather, it's kind of like MySpace for grownups, with lots of articles and online "communities" on different topics. Up until now, they've relied on members for all their content, but recently they relaunched their site featuring not only member content but also articles by correspondents on nine different topics.

I'm writing a twice-monthly column for their food channel. My column is called "Season's Eatings" and is going to mostly focus on background info about various in-season produce items. So, for example, if you go to a farmer's market and have no idea what, say, Swiss chard is or what in the heck you would do with it, my column is going to provide a primer on such things. I'll also be talking with farmer's market organizers, local growers, visiting area farms, etc.

Anyway, if you enjoy reading about food, I'd invite you to look at my column on Gather. I'm working to make the columns both informative and, hopefully, fun to read. I'm adding a link to my column on my sidebar here, so you can feel free to check it out that way--enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Thea said...

all the things I never knew about rutabagas! You must have had fun researching -- it was a great article, fun to read. But now back to Eggo waffles and ready for schooling.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

Very cool Norah! Congrats on the new assignment.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home