Sunday, January 21, 2007

What to Do? What to Do?

Last week, as part of Alison's massive destashing project, I was the happy recipient of eight skeins of seriously discounted Cascade 220, color 9498 (olive heather).

The collective (and totally legit--I'd be wondering the same thing) question posed by my fellow Knitsmiths was: What in the heck are you going to do with that much Cascade 220?

To that end, here's a pop quiz:

What is Norah planning for her Cascade 220?

A. A complete set of felted luggage
B. 5.33 pairs of Subway Knitter's Amazing Charlie Card mittens
C. Two (or maybe three) projects--a sweater, a hat, and a bag

OK, so that was pretty weak, but cut me some slack--it's still early on a cold Sunday morning.

The answer, of course, is C. Here are the details:

Project 1: the Arianna sweater from Chicknits, with the same modifications that Cara used (I'm not crazy about the belted look for this cardi--besides, I've just been there, done that with Cherry. I figure this'll use between 4 and 5 skeins for my size.

Project 2: a Doubleknitski hat, using less than 1 skein of the green and one skein of color 7824 (orange)--this one will be for a gift.

Project 3: the Doctor's bag from Knit 2 Together:


This one will actually, believe it or not, put me over the top of the eight skeins I purchased. The good news? The Knitter's Breakfast at the Fabric Place is coming up in early March, and an advance scouting trip reveals that they've got lots more Cascade 220, color 9498 in stock, which I'll be able to get at less than $5/skein that morning. Is olive green my color? I guess it is now!

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I love that Doctor's bag - can't wait to see yours!

7:56 PM  
Blogger gabriella said...

oooh - very, very cool bag. damn am i sorry i didn't get in on alison's loot!! i'm hoping someone will bring something awesome to the swap...whenever said swap is actually happening! enjoy your cascade :) ~gabriella

9:49 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

Can't wait to hear how the Arianna goes - I'm thinking of making one too. Read your batch of entries - also love the gray lacy sweater, it looks great!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home