Thursday, January 18, 2007

Simply Finished

Remember that cabled hat I started a while ago? Well, I managed to finish it just in time for Boston's first real cold snap of the winter. I was going to have you all play a game of "spot the mistake," since I realized about 8" into the hat that I had crossed one of the cables the wrong way, but I don't think that error made it in this picture. Oh, and looking at this now, I don't know what's up with that funky spot on the edge of the ribbing--it doesn't do that in real life (I hope).

Pattern: Simple Hat (braided cables) from Cables Untangled by Melissa Leapman

Yarn: White Dog Woolies handpainted worsted 100% alpaca, colorway "Trout." I picked this up at Knit Knot Studio in Portland during my trip to Oregon last spring.

Started: 1/2/2007

Finished: 1/13/2007

Comments: Simple is right--this would be a great introduction to cabling for a novice, but it's sufficiently interesting for someone with more experience. A great pattern that complements the yarn I chose--the subtle variegation doesn't obscure the cable pattern at all (and the colors go great with my orange coat, which you might be able to glimpse in a corner of the photo above). Such a pleasure to knit.

1 Comments:

Blogger totalkyknitwit2007 said...

That hat is gorgeous. I love cables but just looking at them, when I do them they just end up looking like crap.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home