Friday, February 02, 2007

Seeing Double?

Am I making two hats?












Or just one?

That's right--I've made some tentative steps into double knitting, with the first of my Cascade 220 projects. This one will be dark green with orange stripes (or orange with dark green stripes, depending on your point of view). I'm enjoying it now that I understand the basic principle, and I'm excited to get to the part with the stripes. That'll take a while, though, given that I have to knit this one on the sly, since it's a gift. On the other hand, it also has a deadline, so I'd better find more secret (double) knitting time somewhere!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Did you see Nona's recent post (on her secondary blog, "Nona Swatches") with a double-knit swatch of a star pattern? I was just thinking about doing a double-knit hat like yours, with the star, as a gift for a friend. I've only ever swatched double knitting, never done a project --it looks like fun!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

I've got to try this. I am thinking of doing a baby blankie for a friend of mine with a little fishy pattern. I'm thinking double knitting would eliminate the strings on the back side, yes? Was there a good website or book you used to show you? Or maybe it was Johanna......

10:23 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That does look fun. Enjoy!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home