Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tercet

A while back, I posted a couplet on my blog and promised more details later. Well, hope you weren't holding your breath, but I'm finally following up on my promise. Seeing as I had so much fun on The Amazing Lace's poetry challenge (not to mention my brief efforts on Dana's blog), I thought I'd do a little experiment. Inspired by the great poetry book A Kick in the Head, I'm going to try to do a knitting-themed poem in each of several poetic forms. Now, I'm not promising great poetry here (far from it), but rather a chance to explore some lesser-known poetic forms and just challenge myself. From now on, I'll plan to do a poem every week (on Tuesdays), each one in a different form.

For the first week, I did a couplet, which is obviously a two-line rhymed poem. This week's poem is a tercet, which is just like a couplet but with three lines (duh). Here goes . . .

Friends who don’t knit sure are funny.
“If you knit,” they may say, “you save money.”
Have you seen how much cashmere costs, honey?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Love it, Love it, Love it! Keep the poems coming.... It was great seeing you these past few weeks :)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home