Friday, December 22, 2006

Yes, I Have Been Knitting

OK, so I haven't been blogging or making regular appearances at Knitsmiths lately (more on that later) but I have been knitting, believe it or not, and I actually have some finished objects to show for it. To wit:


Pattern: Hermione hat, available here.

Yarn: Alpaca from The Spinners Hill Shop, picked up at Mass. Sheep and Wool in June.

Started: Not sure (while watching one of the Harry Potter movies, I think)

Finished: While watching another one at some unspecified (later) date--witness the problems that ensue when one is not blogging regularly! You lose track of dates, forget to take pictures of finished objects, start wandering the streets of Boston with a vaguely crazed expression . . . you get the picture.

Comments: I have nothing but good things to say about this project. I loved the pattern, which was complicated enough to keep things interesting but repetitive enough that I could watch the aforementioned HP movies while knitting it. I learned a new technique (bobbles) and, of course, continued to work on my cabling skills, since lately I seem unable to do any project that doesn't involve cabling.

As for the yarn, I love, love, love this stuff. Even though so far this winter it's rarely been cold enough for me to wear it, I am in the habit of carrying the hat around in my coat pocket so I can pet it like a small friendly creature or something. It's like a warm fuzzy in my pocket. I know the color isn't so Gryffindoresque (sorry, Hermione), but I love all the colors of green. The best part? I still have more than enough yarn left over to make a matching scarf. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Gorgeous - I love it!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home