Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Back in the Swing of Things

Ever noticed that after you're on vacation, it takes you a while to get back into the routine of your ordinary life? This week, I've been forgetting to start the dishwasher, empty the dishwasher, check my e-mail, take out the trash . . . you get the picture. It's like I'm still in vacation mode, even if my life isn't. Likewise with blogging--suddenly it's Wednesday, and I haven't blogged since Sunday's bizarre muskie picture. This is really inexcusable, since even if I don't have much knitting progress to report (more on that later), I do owe someone my gratitude for these:


These lovely handbeaded stitch markers were waiting for me upon my return from vacation. Thank you, Secret Pal! You were right, these stitch markers will be much more inspiring than the plastic doohickies I've been using on my lace shawl--and trust me, on that project, I need all the inspiration I can get. Anyway, thanks so much for the thoughtful gift!

Even though a slower-paced summer schedule makes for more knitting time, I'm currently in the knitting doldrums. I'm stuck between two projects, both gifts, both under deadlines (of course). The sock I'm knitting needs to be ripped back to the beginning of the toe decreases (note to self: don't do a short-row toe during knitting group--the results will not be to your satisfaction), and the placemats I'm knitting are losing something in the execution, namely about 2" from the size the pattern calls for. If I get my nerve up, I may post pics later this week, but they're looking pretty sorry right now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Hang in there - the deadlines will pass.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home