tagged me for a meme, which was a first for her, and is a first for me as well--cool!
The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.
Seven random things (in a totally random order) about me:
1. I lived in five different states (NE, IL, PA, MI, MN) by the time I was six--my parents were itinerant grad students/professors during my formative years.
2. I've performed at Boston's Symphony Hall
with my handbell ensemble
, which is also (incidentally) about the hippest handbell group you'll ever see (if I do say so myself).
3. I somehow graduated from St. Olaf College
in Northfield, Minnesota, even though I a) am not blonde, b) don't sing, and c) don't have even a drop of Norwegian blood. Go figure.
4. Back when I worked a "real" (i.e., office) job, I worked in rights and permissions at a couple different publishing companies. Normally, this was pretty routine, but I did get to grant permission for some of our books and journals to appear on screen in movies like Hulk
and Good Will Hunting
. Who knew that books could be stars, too?
5. I was voted "Most Likely to Succeed" by my high school class.
6. My four-year-old son knows more about sharks, whales, and many other marine creatures than most adults--once I won a trivia contest thanks to facts about whales that I learned from him!
7. My first and middle names (Norah Caroline) are only two letters different from a certain southern state.
And that's it--now I'm supposed to tag 7 people, so we'll try Theresa
, Terri Lynn
, and Anna
. Have fun!