Sunday, May 20, 2007

Seven Random Things

So Gabriella tagged me for a meme, which was a first for her, and is a first for me as well--cool!

The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

Seven random things (in a totally random order) about me:

1. I lived in five different states (NE, IL, PA, MI, MN) by the time I was six--my parents were itinerant grad students/professors during my formative years.

2. I've performed at Boston's Symphony Hall with my handbell ensemble, which is also (incidentally) about the hippest handbell group you'll ever see (if I do say so myself).

3. I somehow graduated from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota, even though I a) am not blonde, b) don't sing, and c) don't have even a drop of Norwegian blood. Go figure.

4. Back when I worked a "real" (i.e., office) job, I worked in rights and permissions at a couple different publishing companies. Normally, this was pretty routine, but I did get to grant permission for some of our books and journals to appear on screen in movies like Hulk and Good Will Hunting. Who knew that books could be stars, too?

5. I was voted "Most Likely to Succeed" by my high school class.

6. My four-year-old son knows more about sharks, whales, and many other marine creatures than most adults--once I won a trivia contest thanks to facts about whales that I learned from him!

7. My first and middle names (Norah Caroline) are only two letters different from a certain southern state.

And that's it--now I'm supposed to tag 7 people, so we'll try Theresa, Elinor, Terri Lynn, Sarah, Hy, Suzanne, and Anna. Have fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger carl r said...

Just a randome anonymous comment...
Interesting facts. Are you really North Carolina incognito?

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home